Layered Italian Cheese Terrine
Snack / Side
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated cheese mix (any combo of
- asiago, mozzarella, provolone, parmesan,
- fontina, or romano)
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. each: fresh parsley, basil,
- oregano, all minced
- ½ tsp. each salt and white pepper
- ¾ cup pesto
- ¾ cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- ¾ cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 2-3 slices mozzarella, ½ in. thick
- 2-3 slices provolone, ½ in. thick
- Baguettes or crackers for serving
- Combine the cream and Italian cheeses, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix very well. Press mixture onto a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap in a layer about ½ in. thick. Chill about one hour or until very cold.
- Lightly oil a loaf pan with cooking spray and line with plastic wrap. Piece together a seamless layer of mozzarella slices in the bottom of the pan. Cut a section of the filling to fit over the mozzarella. Drop the pan from a low altitude to evenly compress the layers. Add the pesto on top of the cheese mix and smooth out with a spatula.
- Repeat the procedure with cream cheese mixture, then red bell pepper, then another layer of the mixture, then the olives. Add the last piece of cream cheese mixture, and top with a seamless layer of provolone. Cover well with plastic wrap.Chill or freeze.
- To serve, cut with a warm, non-serrated knife into vertical slices, so that all the layers show. Serve with baguettes, bagel crisps, or crackers.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Grater, Knife, Baking sheet, Plastic wrap, Standard loaf pan, Cooking spray.