John Kennedy’s White House Fettuccine
- 8 oz. fettuccini
- 3 Tbsp. shallots, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half & half
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Sauté the shallots in butter for 1 ½ minutes. Add the chicken broth and cook on high for 3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add half & half, sour cream, Parmesan, chives, and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and cheese melts.
- Fold mixture into the pasta, blending well. Serve immediately.
You may also place in a greased pan and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Large pot, Colander, Wooden spoon.