Jack O Lantern Pumpkin Pies
- 1 can (28 0z) Pumpkin Pie puree
- Pie dough (Double Pate Brisee recipe)
- Egg plus tablespoon of water
- Pumpkin shaped cookie cutters
- Make Pate brisee and chill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out the pie dough (Pate Brisee) 13 inches long (big enough to do 3 rows of pumpkins). Use a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter to cut the dough into pumpkin shapes. Place 12 of the pumpkins on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Use a small, sharp knife to cut out Jack O' Lantern faces in the remaining 12 pumpkins. Use a rolling pin and roll over each Jack O' Lantern once or twice to make it just slightly larger than the bottom pumpkin.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin pie mixture onto the center of each pumpkin bottom. Use your finger to brush the edge of the pie dough with water. Carefully set the Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin on top, lining it up with the pumpkin on the bottom. Use your finger to gently press together the edges of the pumpkins.
- Whisk the egg yolk with one tablespoon of water. Brush the egg wash over the tops of the pastries. Sprinkle with the sugar and spice mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the pumpkins are puffed and golden.