From the kitchen of Tracey Doty
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 C finely chopped onion
- 2 T Italian spice
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 T olive oil in meat mixture
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2T minced garlic
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp ground fresh pepper
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C olive oil for sautéing
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix till all is blended with your hands.
- Form 2 (or whatever size) inch balls and sauté all sides till golden brown on medium heat and place on a paper towel when done to soak up the extra fat.
- For a healthier version, bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Add cooked meatballs to a sauce for a fuller taste, or to any pasta.