Idaho Sunrise Baked Eggs & Bacon in Potato Bowls
- 2 large baked potatoes (russett or sweet)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar or gouda cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the first baked potato on its side, and use a knife to carefully cut off the top third of the potato. With a spoon, hollow out the middle of the potato to make a "bowl", leaving the potato as thick or thin as you'd like. (Just remember, the more room you leave, the more room for eggs, bacon and cheese!)
- Repeat with the second potato.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the middle of each bowl.
- Gently break an egg into each bowl, careful not to break the yolk.
- Top with bacon, cheese, parsley, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg whites are set.
- Serve immediately.