Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 packet quick-rise dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (should feel like the temperature of your bath)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- Additional flour or cornmeal for rolling out dough
- In the bowl of a food processor or electric mixer, dissolve the yeast in the water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, flour, and the olive oil and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with flour or cornmeal and knead briefly until smooth.
- Lightly oil a medium-size mixing bowl and turn the dough in the bowl to coat. Cover with a damp dish towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free area for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and place it on a surface dusted with flour or cornmeal. Knead for about 10 minutes.
- Flatten it into a disk and divide it into four or eight equal portions with a knife or spatula.
- Roll out each portion, gently stretching it with your hands and set on a cookie sheet.