- 1 packet quick-rise dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (should feel like the temperature of your bath)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- Additional flour or cornmeal for rolling out dough
- In a wet measuring cup mix yeast and warm water and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- In bowl of electric mixer mix salt, flour, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and yeast mixture. Mix until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a surface dusted with flour and knead briefly until dough is smooth.
- Lightly oil a mixing bowl and turn the dough in the bowl to coat with oil. Cover with damp dish towel and let the dough rise in a warm area for 1-2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and place it on a surface dusted with flour. Divide the dough using a pastry bench. Knead for 6 minutes and gently stretch by hand. Otherwise, gently roll dough to desired dimensions.
- Place dough on baking sheet. Makes 4, 12-inch crusts or 8 individual.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Electric mixer (and bowl), 1 large mixing bowl, Dough hook attachment, Damp dish towel, Pastry bench, Rolling pin.