Homemade Mac & Cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to the roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese, an cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in a large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve.