Herbed Gougere Puffs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (1 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup water, butter, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and add flour all at once, beating until smooth.
- Return saucepan to medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until dough becomes stiff and pulls away from sides of pan, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, dill and chives.
- Drop heaping tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet. Hint: Spraying your tablespoon with cooking spray will help with this process.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup Swiss cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Equipment needed: measuring cups and spoons, baking sheets, cooking spray, saucepan, whisk, spoon.