- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups candy bits,* coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- n a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together with a mixer until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined, 5-10 seconds. Stir in candy bits.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely. Drizzle with melted chocolate (from chocolate bars), if you so desire.**
*Almost any candy from your trick-or-treat bag will work in this recipe. Chop up the candy bars. Cut licorice and jelly beans. Even crushed lifesavers will be a tasty addition to your cookies. Candy corn can be added whole. Mix and match your candy to make a treat-filled Halloween cookie.
**If you want to dip or drizzle your cookies in chocolate, gather all the plain chocolate bars from your candy bag. Place them is a microwave-safe bowl and melt, stirring every 30 seconds. If needed, add a tablespoon of shortening for a smoother texture.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Large bowls (2), Electric mixer, Whisk, Baking sheet, Knife and a Spatula.