with Honey-Yogurt Sauce and Angel Food Cake Croutons
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ tsp. grated lime rind
- 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks
- ¾ cup apple, chopped
- ½ cup orange sections
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- ½ prepared angel food cake loaf
- Sauce: Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk.
- Fruit: Combine pineapple chinks, apples, oranges, kiwi, and the coconut in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Croutons: Cube angel food cake and place on a foil covered baking sheet. Place under the broiler and watch carefully. * When lightly browned, remove the tray, turn the cubes, and return to the oven to brown evenly (see notes below).
- Just before serving, stir in banana. Top fruit with yogurt sauce, sprinkle with almonds, and croutons.
*The cubes will brown in seconds, and can go from perfect to burned in no time! Hint: Keep the door ajar and watch the oven with an eagle eye
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Small bowl, Whisk, Knife, Foil, Baking pan, Cooking spray.