Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC, and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Lightly flour the surface and roll out puff pastry on top to flatten.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 equal squares.
- On the top right and bottom left of the pastry, cut an L shape approximately ½ inch from the edge. This L shape should reach all the way down and across the square, however both L shapes should not meet at the ends. Your pastry should look like a picture frame with two corners still intact.
- Take the upper right corner and fold down towards the inner bottom corner. You will now have a diamond shape.
- Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese filling in the middle, then place berries on top.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry squares.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and puffed.