- ½ recipe Pound Cake, cut into bitesize pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 cups assorted berries, cut up and tossed with 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Garnish with additional fruit or chopped nuts if desired
- Prepare a simple syrup by bringing 1/3 cup sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together the simple syrup and orange juice. Toss in the Pound Cake pieces to moisten the cake. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the eggs and milk. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; then whisk well.
- Microwave another 3-5 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Lay plastic wrap over the pudding to keep “skin” from forming. Quick chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whip together the heavy cream and brown sugar until stiff.
- In individual glass stemware, layer the ingredients in the following order: ¼ cup cake, 1 ½ Tbsp. pudding, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar whipped cream, and 2 Tbsp. berries. Repeat layers. Decorate with more fruit, finely chopped nuts, or rosettes of additional whipped cream.
Equipment Needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Saucepan, Wooden spoon, Knife, Microwave-safe bowl, Whisk, Plastic wrap, Bowls, Electric mixer, 8 individual glass stemware cups (8-10 oz.) to serve in.