Having a gathering of family or friends for brunch? These pancakes are great to serve because they can be made ahead and frozen with great results. Stack cooled pancakes between sheets of wax paper and place in an airtight container. Freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, place the frozen pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups refrigerated eggnog
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Syrup for serving (optional)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Combine the eggnog, egg, and oil in a medium bowl and whisk.
- Add the eggnog mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Lightly grease hot griddle. Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook other side.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Large bowl, Medium bowl, Whisk, Wooden spoon, Griddle, and Cooking spray.