Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (8-inch) prebaked pie shell or crumb crust (Pate Brisee)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream or tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Make Pate Brisee first then blind bake and cool.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, and zest; blend in egg yolks.
- Pour into cooled crust.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks from. Gradually beat in the sugar until stiff. Spread over filling; seal to edge of crust. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.