- ¾ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, room
- 3 Tbsp. whipping cream, room temperature
- 12 oz. pizza dough (or HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 oz. strawberries (thaw if frozen)
- 1-2 Tbsp. sugar
- Blend the ricotta, mascarpone, egg yolk, and confectioners’ sugar in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Transfer the cheese mixture to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the strawberries and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on the sweetness of the berries) in a clean food processor until smooth. Transfer the strawberry sauce to a small bowl; set aside.
- Whisk the chocolate spread and the cream in a medium bowl to blend.
- Position oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, beat the egg to make an egg wash; set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into 6, 2 oz. pieces. Pinch or roll out each piece of dough into a 7 inch round. Spoon the cheese mixture in the center of the lower half of each round of dough. Spoon the chocolate mixture on top of the cheese. Brush the lower edges of the dough with egg wash. Fold the plain dough halves over the filling forming half-circles. Pinch the edges of dough firmly together to seal. Trim the edges if needed and crimp with a fork. Transfer the calzones to the baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Brush the tops of the calzones with more egg wash. Bake until the calzones puff and become golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to plates and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle the strawberry sauce around the calzones and serve.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Food processor, Small bowls - 3, Whisk, Baking sheet, Parchment paper, Rolling pin (optional), Spoons, Pastry brush, Fork, Fine mesh hand-held strainer.