- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1½ Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 4 large day-old croissants
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Croissant French Toast: Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add 1½ Tbsp. powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Chill.
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip croissant halves into egg mixture, coating well.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter on a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Add 4 croissant halves, and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and croissant halves.
- Fresh Strawberry Syrup: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; let stand 30 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until warm. (Makes about 2 cups.)
- To assemble, sprinkle 2 slices of French toast with 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar. Top each serving with whipped cream and syrup.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Electric mixer and bowls, Knife, Whisk, Shallow dish, Griddle, Spatula, Saucepan, Wooden spoon, Mesh strainer.