Creme Chantilly (Chantilly Cream)
- 1 qt. Heavy cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Chill cream, mixing bowl and whisk.
- Place the cream in a chilled mixing bowl. Using a balloon whisk, whisk the cream until slightly thickened.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue whisking to the desired consistency. The cream should be smooth and light, not grainy. Do not over-whip.
- Crème Chantilly may be stored in the refrigerator several hours. If the cream begins to soften, gently rewhip as necessary.