- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 medium red onion, diced, divided
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 cups corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
Heat oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini, 1/2 onion, garlic, jalapeño, 1/4 teaspoon salt and oil; toss to coat.
Spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; roast, turning once, until tomatoes and zucchini are light brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Toss with 1/4 cup cilantro and 1 tablespoon juice; set aside. In a second bowl, combine flour, cumin, baking powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add egg, remaining 1 tablespoon juice and 1/2 cup water; stir until smooth. Add corn and remaining 1/2 onion and 1/4 cup cilantro.
Coat a large frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
Form 1/4 cup corn mixture into a patty; repeat with remaining corn mixture to form 12 patties.
Working in batches of 3 and coating pan with cooking spray as needed, cook patties, turning once, until brown, 5 to 8 minutes per side.