Corn Beef and Cabbage
- Corn Beef
- 1# Red Potatoes -quartered
- 1# Carrots – in 2-4 inch slices
- Yellow onion – small dice
- 1 Green Cabbage – thinly sliced
- 1 T Mustard
- 1-2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- In a large pot place Corn Beef and spices in pot cover with water. Simmer for at least 1-2 hours.
- Quarter potatoes and slice carrots place in sheet trays. Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with Salt, Pepper and dried Parsley. Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees until done.
- In sauté pan- place diced onion with olive oil and sauté until translucent. Add cabbage and chicken stock (start with 1 cup) to braise for 10-15 minutes. Add in chicken stock as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste along with 1 tablespoon of mustard and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Liquid will disappear- taste and adjust seasoning.