Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 cups (about 8 ounces) finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
3. Whisk the sugar, egg whites, cranberry, orange zest, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
4. Toss the coconut with the egg mixture until completely coated.
5. Moisten your finger tips with water. Form about 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter into pointed mounds or pyramids on the prepared pans, spacing them about 1-inch apart.
6. Bake until the edges are golden brown and the entire macaroon is nicely toasted and dry, 16 to 20 minutes.
7. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve.
Store macaroons in a tightly sealed container for up to a week.