(can be gluten-free!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ww pastry flour (or white, spelt, or even oat flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- 2/3c sugar or xylitol (or 1/2c maple syrup or agave: it’ll be a bit less cakey with liquid sweetener)
- 1 packet NuNaturals stevia (or 1/32tsp uncut stevia), or 1 more tbsp agave or sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (or pureed pumpkin or sweet potato)
- 3 tbsp oil (You can omit, but be warned: the brownies will be gummy)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (not optional)
- Combine dry ingredients, and mix very well. Combine wet ingredients, then mix into dry.
- Pour into a greased pan (it will fill up half an 8×8).
- Cook for about 23 minutes at 330 F.
I’m not sure why this is the case, but these brownies seem to taste ten times sweeter if you don’t eat them for at least an hour after they come out of the oven!