- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 pkgs. (3.9 oz. ea.) instant chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cups toffee pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking pan with foil extending over the sides and prepare with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir brown sugar and butter over medium heat until butter melts and the mixture is smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the chocolate chip blondie batter in prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (try to avoid the chocolate chips). Cool slightly. Lift out of pan and cut into small 1-inch squares while warm. Allow to cool completely, then break apart.
- In a large bowl, prepare pudding according to package directions, combining the pudding mixes and milk. Place in the refrigerator.
- In another large bowl, beat the heavy cream and sugar just until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble: Place half of the blondies in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Spread with half of the pudding. Cover the pudding with half of the whipped cream and sprinkle with ¾ cups of toffee pieces. Repeat the layers.
- This makes a great party dessert and serves about 24. You can also serve these in individual dessert cups or layer in glass jars for serving. For a smaller gathering, divide the recipe in half.
Equipment needed: measuring cups and spoons, baking pan - 13x9 in., foil, nonstick cooking spray, medium saucepan, wooden spoon, large bowls – 2, whisk (optional), electric mixer, trifle bowl, glass dessert cups, pint jars, or plastic 9 oz. cups.