Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in center of oven. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter in large mixing bowl. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated, adding the chocolate chips about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Using two spoons, drop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.