(Dessert) Biscotti is Italian for twice baked
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 1 cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Break each egg into small mixing bowl and check for pieces of shell. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- With floured hands, shape dough into two 12-inch logs, 4 inches apart. Bake 25- 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, slice logs ½ inch thick. Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Equipment needed: Cookie sheet, Medium mixing bowl, Large mixing bowl, Electric mixer, Small mixing bowl, Wire cooling rack, Measuring cups and spoons.