Chocolate Banana Burrito - Canyon Cafe®
- 4 whole fresh bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 flour tortillas (10 in.)
- Canola or vegetable oil
- 8 oz. caramel ice cream topping
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup pecan pieces, toasted (optional)
- 2 oz. chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush 1 side of tortilla with oil; place tortilla oil side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Roll banana with chocolate chips, place in tortilla. Roll up tortilla around the banana and place, seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Prepare remaining burritos.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut each in center on a bias. To plate, place burrito with points up on a dessert plate that has been pooled with 2 oz. of caramel sauce. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream next to burrito. Sprinkle with pecans, decorate with chocolate syrup.
- Makes 4 large desserts. (This can easily be divided into 8 desserts; each with half of a burrito, small scoop of ice cream, and other garnishes.)
Equipment needed: measuring cups, baking sheet and foil, pastry brush, knife, spoon, dessert plates (4).