- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup grated low-fat Monterey Jack or
- cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream (optional, as
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray baking pan.
- Sauce: Place chili powder, 1/3 cup chopped onion, and 2 Tbsp. chicken broth into large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, cumin, and salt. Simmer in microwave on high power for about 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Assembly: Dampen each side of the tortilla by passing each one quickly through the warm sauce. Place ¼ cup of shredded chicken, a pinch of cheese, and about 1 Tbsp. of minced onion down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in casserole. Continue with all 12 tortillas.
- Bake: Top with enough enchilada sauce to just cover. Bake immediately until bubbly, about 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and return to oven until cheese melts. Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream on each.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Large microwave-safe bowl, Wooden spoon, Knife, Salad shooter or safety grater, Oblong casserole dish or 9X13 pan.