- 10 slices of white bread
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cheese, grated
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut crusts off 2 sides of bread slices. Lightly spray muffin pans and place one slice of bread into each muffin cup. Bake in oven until lightly golden and toasted.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, and parsley in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place spoonfuls into the cooked bread cups. Sprinkle with cheese.
- May be served cold or heated briefly under the broiler until cheese melts. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups, Knife, Grater, Muffin pan, Cooking spray.