- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ½ loaf of Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prep for adult helper only: Prep tomatoes and onion to be chopped with safety scissors.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare tomatoes, onion, basil, and parsley by chopping with safety scissors.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, olive oil, oregano, basil, and parsley.
- Place bread on baking sheet, and top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until bottom of bread is browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Equipment needed: Baking sheet, Measuring cups and spoon, Safety scissors, Medium mixing bowl.