- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ Tbsp. parsley, minced
- ¾ tsp. seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (17.3 oz) can refrigerated jumbo flaky biscuits
- 8 slices of precooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1-2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended; stir in cheese.
- Spray microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray. Beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Cook on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Flatten each biscuit into about a 5-inch circle. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over tops of dough circles, leaving ½ -inch border around edge. Top evenly with scrambled eggs and bacon.
- Fold dough circles in half over mixture, pinching edges to seal. Place 2-inches apart on jelly roll pan. Brush tops evenly with egg white; press sealed edges with tines of a fork. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Set the timer for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Store leftover empanadas (completely cooled) in zippered bag. To reheat, wrap empanadas in a paper towel and microwave at medium for 1-2 minutes.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Bowl, Microwave-safe bowl, Jelly roll pan, Cooking spray.