- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped ham
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. cream or milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with cooking spray. (You will use 10 of the cups; leave the 2 cups in the center of the pan empty.)
- In a bowl, mix together the cheese, ham, and green onions. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Open and separate the biscuits. Roll or press each biscuit into a 5 in. round on a lightly floured surface.
- Place 1 biscuit into each of 10 greased muffin cups. Press the biscuits firmly against the bottom and side of each cup and form a rim at the top.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each biscuit cup. Pour the egg mixture into the cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the filling is set and the biscuits are deep golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve warm.
To vary this recipe, try other cheeses, meats, and vegetables! For real French flair, add some fresh herbs!
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, grater, knife, bowls – 2, spoon, whisk, muffin tin, non-stick cooking spray, rolling pin (optional)