- 4 Tbsp. cake flour
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- Dash of vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips, optional
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a microwave-safe coffee mug, add flour, sugar, and cocoa. Mix well with a fork.
- Add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla mixing thoroughly.
- Add chips if desired.
- Place mug in microwave and heat on HIGH for 3 minutes. The cake will rise over the top of the mug—do not worry, it will settle back down.
- Allow cake to slightly cool. Loosen edges with a knife and turn out onto serving plate. Divide in half horizontally for 2 servings and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Note: You may make a powdered sugar glaze if desired by whisking together ¾ cup powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp. milk.
Equipment needed: Measuring spoons, 8 oz. microwave-safe coffee mug, Fork, Serving plate, Sieve.