10 Minute Omelettes
Works great to get everyone fed at once & with very little clean up. Kids especially like it.
- Veggies (green peppers, onion, mushrooms)
- Meat (ham, bacon, sausage)
- Cheese (shredded - 1/8 cup per person)
- Eggs (2 per person)
- Milk/cream (1/2 Tablespoon per person)
- Butter (1/4 teaspoon per person)
- Salt & pepper
- Fill a pot 3/4 full of water & put on to boil. Your pot size will be determined by how many are participating. We use a Dutch oven pot to prepare 6-8 omelettes.
- Cut up your favorite ingredients, green pepper, onion, mushrooms ham, bacon, and sausage (etc) into small pieces. We do it ahead of time to save on the preparation & fuss. Put all ingredients on the table in bowls.
- Give each person a Ziploc sandwich bag and write their name on it with a permanent marker. Each person goes around the table with their bag & puts whatever ingredients they would like into it, then add the milk, butter, eggs & salt / pepper. "Zip" the bag up, try to get most of the air out of the bag to allow for expansion. Carefully kneed the bag to mix up the ingredients & scramble the eggs. Place the bag into the boiling water for 10 minutes to cook & you have multiple perfect omelettes.
- ** If you use more than 2 eggs allow an extra 3-4 minutes for cooking time