Bolognese Meat Sauce
For LASAGNA CUPCAKE
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices pre-cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ¾ pound pre-cooked ground beef
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) plum tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until the onion is translucent. Stir in the carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the beef crumbles and beef broth; cook until the liquid evaporates. Add the milk and cook until it evaporates.
- Stir in the tomatoes with its juice and herbs. Bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Knife, Saucepan, Wooden spoon.