- 1/2 oz Butter
- 1/2 oz Olive oil
- 2 oz Onion, finely diced
- 1 C Rice
- 4 oz White wine
- 24 oz Chicken stock or vegetarian stock, warm
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 oz Butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a saucepot. Add the onion and sweat until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir until the rice is well coated with butter. Do not brown.
- Add the wine and let it fully absorb into the rice. Stir several times.
- Add the stock one-third at a time, letting it fully absorb each time before adding more.
- Stir the rice frequently so it develops creaminess and does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, remove from the heat.
- From start to finish, the risotto should take 18 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir, and serve.