- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 box (5.1 oz.) vanilla or cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 recipe ANGEL FOOD CAKE, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, plus more to garnish
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 medium firm banana
- 1 jar (12 oz.) hot fudge ice cream topping
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Whisk the milk and pudding for 2 minutes in a large bowl. Stir in pineapple. Set the pudding mixture aside.
- Remove the lid from the hot fudge topping and heat in the microwave on HIGH according to the label directions (usually about 30 seconds). Set aside.
- Place half of the angel food cake cubes on the bottom of a deep, clear, glass bowl. Spread 1/3 of the pudding mixture over the cake. Cover with sliced strawberries and spread with a layer of whipped topping. Drizzle half of the hot fudge over the whipped topping.
- Add another layer of cake cubes followed by 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Cover with banana slices and top with the remaining pudding. Spread with the remaining whipped topping and drizzle with the hot fudge topping. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
- Chill until serving. Garnish with additional slices of strawberries.
In a hurry? Replace the ANGEL FOOD CAKE made from scratch with a mix or purchase a prepared angel food cake. This can also be made as individual servings by layering in jars or 9 oz. clear plastic cups.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups, Large bowl, Whisk, Rubber spatula, Knife, Spoon, Trifle bowl or deep, clear glass bowl.