Baked Potato Volcano
- 3 potatoes
- 9 slices bacon
- 3-4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block of an 8 oz or a 3 oz package)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion(handful)
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley, if desired
- Bake the potatoes first. 425 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Let cool.
- Scoop out about 1/3 of the potato (melon baller is suggested).
- Wrap bacon around potato, starting at base, about 3 strips per potato. Secure with toothpicks.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, green onions, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato with the cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Top with folded slice of cheddar per potato. Bake 5 minutes more to melt that cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Cut in half to display the melting volcano.