Baked Egg Rolls
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 can (7-oz.) bean sprouts, drained
- ¼ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/8 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup green onions, chopped
- ½ garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 10 egg roll wrappers (keep stack of wraps covered until needed, one at a time)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook first 6 ingredients in a large skillet (coated with cooking spray), over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken and continue to cook until heated through.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch, water, soy sauce, oil, and brown sugar. Stir sauce into chicken mixture.
- Heat through for 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Make egg rolls by placing ¼ cup of chicken mixture onto the bottom third of one egg roll wrapper, then folding the sides of the wrapper toward the center, and then rolling tightly.
- Place egg rolls on baking sheet seam side down. Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 14-15 minutes, until lightly browned.