Baked Cinnamon Breakfast Bites
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 Tbsp plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, 2 Tbsp sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup of butter. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon/sugar.
- Arrange in a single layer in a 9 inch round cake pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Large bowl, Wooden spoon, Pastry blender, Shallow bowl, and Round cake pan - 9 inch.