Bacon Stuffed French Toast
Bacon is stuffed between 2 pieces of bread lathered with a cream cheese/brown sugar mixture. The ultimate sweet and salty breakfast!
Author: Christin Mahrlig
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 slices white bread, preferably stale
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons butter
- vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and brown sugar. Spread one side of each slice of bread with cream cheese mixture.
- Sandwich 2 slices of bacon between 2 pieces of bread with the cream cheese side facing in. Repeat for remaining slices of bread to make a total of four.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Dip each French toast "sandwich" in egg mixture. Try to only get the egg mixture on the exterior of each piece of bread and not let it soak through to the middle where the bacon is or it will turn out soggy, plus any egg that gets in the middle won't really cook.
- Heat a large nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Add butter and a little vegetable oil. Cook each stuffed French toast until golden brown on bottom and then flip over. Add more butter and oil to pan if necessary. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Cut each piece in half and serve with maple syrup.