- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup warm water (105º-115º)
- 1¼ tsp. dry rapid rising yeast
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional for drizzling and coating baking sheet
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 strips of precooked bacon, crumbled
- In a mixer bowl, combine flour and salt; set aside. In another bowl, combine warm water and yeast; stir. Let stand until yeast has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Whisk in olive oil. Add yeast mixture to flour and mix with an electric mixer on low speed for about 2 minutes.
- Remove dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Knead until a smooth ball of dough forms. Place dough in a bowl; cover and let rise 1-1½ hours or until doubled.
- Generously oil baking sheet. Place dough on sheet pressing and stretching dough with oiled fingers to about 8 x 8 inch square. Pierce the dough with a fork at 1-inch intervals; drizzle lightly with additional olive oil. Cover and let rise about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake until golden, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 425 degrees.
- Top bread with basil leaves, shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon. Bake in oven for 6-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into squares to serve.
Measuring cups and spoons, Bowls, Mixer bowl, Whisk, Electric mixer, Towel to cover dough, Baking sheet, Fork, Cheese grater