In a world of exotic baked goods, these take the cake: cupcakes made from shredded potatoes, bacon, eggs and Cheddar cheese, and drizzled with spicy Sriracha sauce. The final flavor is pure breakfast, but like nothing you’ve ever tasted.
- 1 bag (20 oz) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (we will shred them here)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup crumbled crisply cooked bacon
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- Sriracha sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place foil liner in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Generously spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix potatoes, oil, salt and pepper. Divide evenly among cups; press lightly.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in bacon and cheese. Firmly press potatoes in muffin cups with bottom of 1/4-cup dry measuring cup. Top each with slightly less than 1/4 cup egg mixture.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until knife inserted in center of egg comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with sauce.