- 2 pita bread rounds
- Leaf lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- Cheese, sliced with cheese slicer
- Diced ham or turkey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Cut the top off of each pita bread and line the inside with lettuce.
- Peel the cucumber and carrot. Thinly slice them lengthwise into ruler-like shapes.
- Slice the cheese into thin ruler-like rectangles.
- Fill the pocket with the sliced vegetables and cheese. (They will look like little rulers sticking out of the pita.) Add the diced meat and croutons. Drizzle with Fresh Honey Mustard Dressing.
- Whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp. honey, 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, ½ tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper.
- Store in a covered bottle in the refrigerator.
If packing for a lunch, pack the croutons in a baggie, the dressing in a small container, and tightly cover the filled pita with plastic wrap.
The possibilities for this sandwich are endless. Shredded chicken and/or bacon would be a nice change. Vary the cheese. Add some dried fruit. You could even make homemade croutons if desired.
Equipment needed: Knife, Cheese slicer, Whisk, Small bowl.