- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ⅜ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored, and diced*
- PATE BRISEE, doubled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut 5 circles out of each pie crust, re-rolling scraps as needed.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of apple mixture into the center of each pie crust circle, leaving a 1–inch border. Carefully fold border toward the center, pleating dough edges to create a round pastry with about 1 inch of exposed filling in the center (like a free-form tart).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
*The test kitchen used 3 apples with 3 in. diameter. It made about 2 cups of diced apples, firmly packed.
Equipment needed: Measuring cups and spoons, Bowl, Apple peeler, slicer, corer, Knife, Rolling pin, 4-5 in. biscuit/cookie cutter, Baking sheet, Cooking spray.