Almost-Famous Cheesecake Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 11/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake
- Cooking spray
- Butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Mix the strawberries, jam and 2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Pulse the flour, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Serve the pancakes topped with the strawberry sauce; top with butter, confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe from Food Network